Online School (Covid-19)
Holy Cross High School
2019-2020 Online School Policy (COVID 19 edit)
- Holy Cross High School will put into place “Online School” that would be counted as regular school days and would not need to be made-up.
- Classes that would normally meet on this day will be required to “run as usual” in the online classroom using Sycamore Learning Management System platform.
- Teachers are required to post the class agenda/instructions on the Sycamore class page by 10:00 am in the “News” section. Administrators will verify all courses at 10:00 am and assist with any complications/issues.
- Teachers will create an online class that would be the same expectations (rigor and time) that the normal class would require. The use of online technology such as online articles, videos, discussion boards, Socrative, Edmodo, Microsoft Teams Video Conferencing, etc. are highly recommended for the online class.
- Teachers must have at least one assessment for the online course that will be counted in the gradebook each day.
- Students must log-in to their Sycamore account and visit each class home page (not just the Sycamore home page) between 10:00-11:00 am to begin working on assignments. Attendance will be taken in each class by means of the timestamp with a student’s log-in to Sycamore. Students who do not login and complete the work will be counted as absent/tardy for the day. Teachers will be available using the Sycamore Pass-A-Note system and/or email until 4:00 pm.
- Students must complete and submit all classwork by 8:00 am of the following day to receive credit for the day’s assignments. If a student is having difficulty with the internet and is not able to log in to Sycamore or email the teacher, the student will need to call the school office at 447-4363. In the event that a student does not have internet access during that particular day, administration will determine validity and will communicate a plan of action.
Holy Cross High School
School Schedule March 16-April 7
Monday, March 16th Online School Day
Tuesday, March 17th Online School Day
Wednesday, March 18th No School (Built-in Snow Day)
Thursday, March 19th Online School Day
Friday, March 20th Online School Day
Monday, March 23rd Online School Day
Tuesday, March 24th Online School Day
Wednesday, March 25th No School (Built-in Snow Day)
Thursday, March 26th Online School Day
- Frosh Academy Online
- Soph STREAM Online
- Jr/Sr Internship Online
Friday, March 27th Online School Day
Monday, April 6th Regular School Day for Students who did not sell Raffle Tickets
Tuesday, April 7th Regular School Day for all students (NO Jr. Internship)
**At this time, all activities, sports, clubs, events, dances, ceremonies, etc. are cancelled from March 13th-April 5th. This date may be extended pending directives from the Governor and Archdiocese of Louisville. We are working on a plan to reschedule all events.