A Commitment to Community (Capital Project Fund)
On Wednesday, June 28, 2017, Archbishop Joseph E. Kurtz officiated a Mass at Holy Cross to celebrate the installation of Danielle Atzinger Wiegandt (HC'95) as the new President of Holy Cross. During the mass President Wiegandt officially launched the start of our Capital Projects. The planned campaign improvements are as follows:
The Strategic Plan for Holy Cross High School includes 4 aspirations that will guide us into the next generation of students.
- To attract, retain and graduate students from diverse backgrounds who desire a Catholic, co-educational experience.
- To establish a hallmark learning environment characterized by exemplary facilities, our effective engagement with technology, and a campus of great aesthetic appeal.
- To be recognized as an essential community partner and to enhance and diversify the co-curricular opportunities for students to grow into well-rounded, service-minded, moral leaders.
- To more fully enhance the engagement of alumni and other stakeholders in the life and mission of our school.
Aspiration 2 deals directly with needed campus improvements. The Capital Project Fund will address the various areas of the facility that are the most in need. Below are the projects outlined:
Phase 1 Projects:
- Old Wing Classrooms Renovation- New windows, doors, lighting, surround sound, & HVAC
- 1 million
- Athletic Complex Entrance Renovation- Brick & gated arched entrance, field house resurfacing, new bleachers to code (home and visitor), gathering area & press box resurfacing
- 1 million
Phase 1 total project- 3.1 million
Goals to Fund Phase 1
- Adopt a Classroom $15,000 naming rights to classroom (classes of BD, AM, HC--families--companies) $500,000 to raise
- Naming rights to Athletic Complex $500,000
- Major donor giving- $2.3 million
- New Chapel & Front Entrance- $1 million
- Turf Surface on Alumni Field- $750,000
- Faculty Endowment- $1 million
- Makerspace & Engineering Resources- $400,000
It is with the generosity of Holy Cross alumni, parents and friends that these campaigns will one day become a reality for our students. If you were unable to attend the Mass, please click HERE watch the video to see what exciting plans Holy Cross has for the future.
Click HERE to make your contribution the one Holy Cross High School's Capital Projects!